Dental Implants are an excellent choice to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth. Dental Implants replicate the look and feel of your natural teeth.
Most patients are familiar with dentures. Dental Implants, however, are a newer technology and as they are nearly undetectable, may need further explanation. Dental Implants are an alternative to dentures for patients who are struggling with missing teeth. Dental Implants use a titanium post to create a sturdy foundation for a crown which is matched to your natural teeth.
When Compared with Dentures, Dental Implants have a higher success rate for the replacement of Missing Teeth.
Dental Implants can provide you with a permanent solution to your missing teeth. Dental Implants last longer and preserve the health of your bone tissue when compared to dentures. In addition, Dental Implants look and feel like your natural teeth, restoring your smile and your confidence.
- Material: Dental Implants are made of biologically compatible titanium, allowing the post to integrate with the bone while dentures are manufactured of acrylic and cast metal, which may cause gum irritation.
- Capacity: Dental Implants allow Dr. Stephen C. Hale to replace a single tooth, multiple missing teeth, or even a full upper and lower arch. Although dentures may be used to replace many or all missing teeth, they are not a viable solution in single replacement.
- Security: The titanium post in the dental implant functions as a tooth root, securely holding the dental implant in place. Conversely, dentures are known to slip and shift uncomfortably.
- Investment: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. Dentures, however, will require replacement(s) over time as wear and tear, or bone and gum loss progress.
- Health: Implants stimulate the bone, protecting the body from bone loss. Missing teeth actually create bone loss as bone dissolves at the site of missing teeth. Dentures do nothing to ameliorate the situation.
Dr. Stephen C. Hale, located in Texas City, TX, is a Dentist who services patients from La Marque, TX, Hitchcock, TX, and Dickinson, TX. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!