Sometimes, you can feel like you have done everything you can to take care of your smile and you still end up with gingivitis. The bacteria that cause gum disease can hide under the gum, in places you cannot reach. In fact, they may be difficult for your hygienist to reach with a regular cleaning. Fortunately, laser dentistry provides a solution for Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR). Your dentist in Texas City, TX, can use lasers to painlessly eliminate bacteria, drastically reducing your risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay.
Fast Facts about LBR
1. With an LBR treatment, your dentist places the small tip of the laser between your teeth and gums. The light from the laser targets the bacteria, leaving the surrounding environment untouched.
2. It is painless and convenient. It can be performed by your dentist, immediately before your teeth cleaning appointment.
3. The LBR treatment will only add roughly 10 minutes to your cleaning.
4. An LBR is safe for anyone. It does not create any adverse effects for patients who have an existing illness or who take medications. You should, however, still discuss any conditions or prescriptions with your dentist.
5. It is an excellent method of preventing bacteria from causing tooth decay or gum disease. Additionally, it removes the concern that the bacteria will enter the bloodstream and circulate to organs, spreading infection.
6. Lasers are an effective, proven treatment in the fight against gum disease. Your dentist should be trained and certified to perform laser dentistry.
If you are interested in learning more about Laser Bacterial Reduction, contact our office for a consultation with Stephen C. Hale, the dentist in Texas City, TX. Dr. Hale has extensive experience in laser dentistry and would be happy to help you find an easier path to a healthy smile. When you schedule your cleaning, do not forget to ask about LBR.
Currently rated by 0 people